Saturday, January 24, 2009

Limitations

It's important to write every day, but is it realistic? I don't have coherent thoughts on plot development every day. I have had this problem all along, ever since I started writing long pieces of fiction. This is a standard I don't think I could live up to unless or until I ever get a real contract and know that I have someone who expects to see the writing show up on their desk at a certain time. Until then, I find it too easy to slack off. 

Now, that doesn't mean I'm not working; but realistically, I need time to think my plot developments and character developments through. I can't just sit down and write it all in a continuous flow. It is crap writing when I've tried to do that. I know that many writers insist on writing every day, but then do they actually like what they write? I hate wasting my energy on writing I know is bad, because it's not connected to anything, it's just writing for the sake of writing. I need time to let my thoughts percolate and develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

How have you overcome writer's block?