Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Believing in one's writing

This has proved to be the hardest part; this belief in one's self as a writer. I once started a journal with: "I don't know what to write." The rest of the journal remained blank. I don't journal well. 

I fight with myself as a writer every single day. I reject this self-imposed isolation. I hate it. I don't want to do it. I don't know how not to.

It doesn't help that my insecurities are fueled by difficulties getting published. Every time I receive a rejection, it sets me back, and I have to begin all over again, Sisyphus rolling this rock back up the hill. I am getting older, waiting to get that rock up that hill.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

How have you overcome writer's block?